Germans love their bread and the big variety of fresh bread rolls. You can have it at any time of the day. For breakfast, as well as for dinner.
Usually you put some kind of butter or margarine on it and go from there. Main toppings are cheese, pepperoni, ham or marmelade.
Let’s take a look at the Top10 of the most typical German bread and bread rolls you can find in almost any bakery (some products are more local than others!):
10. Kartoffelbrot / Potato bread
9. Krustenbrot / Crusty Bread
8. Sonnenblumenkernbrötchen / Bread roll with sunflower seeds
6. Käsebrötchen / Cheese bread roll
5. Laugenstange / Pretzel stick
4. Mischbrot / Brown bread
3. Mohnbrötchen / Poppyseed roll
2. Vollkornbrot / Whole grain bread
1. Schrippe, Semmel, Brötchen / Bread rolls (regional differences)